This winning project from the São João Hospital Center named is “HVITAL: Transforming Hospital Big Data into real insights that empower clinical teams to timely Act and Save Lives” has demonstrated its ability to predict up to 30% of ICU admissions, 7 days in advance. It has been described as being an advanced big data and analytics platform capable of monitoring and analysing in real-time, 24 hours a day, a massive amount of clinical data that is scattered across hospital systems, in order to automatically identify and promptly alert to patients at risk in the areas of infection and clinical deterioration.
The winner was selected amongst four finalists, which were shortlisted by our judging panel of influential healthcare professionals from across Europe. The Award itself is the result of a long-standing partnership between HIMSS and Elsevier. Established in 2013, the award has recognised over 97 projects from 79 hospitals, across 17 countries from the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions, and has now been extended to Europe to further highlight global innovations in healthcare. Open to all public and private healthcare providers, this Award recognises organisations for outstanding achievements in the implementation and usage of health information and technology.
The three remaining finalists were also recognised during the ceremony:
- 1st finalist: Devon Partnership NHS Trust, “Innovative visual solution that makes a real difference in delivering high quality and safe care”
- 2nd finalist: Health Regional System of Principado de Asturias, “Tele-Ophthalmology programme for screening the diabetic retinopathy in rural areas”
- 3rd finalist: Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, “Electronic alerting system for the early recognition of acute kidney injury (aki)”
“At Elsevier we see that technology and the provision of easy-to-access data and best-practice clinical information can support health systems to improve patient outcomes and efficiency”, said Tim Hawkins, Managing Director Clinical Solutions EMEALA, Elsevier “We’ve been consistently impressed with the projects we’ve seen in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East, and we’re delighted to bring this award to Europe.
Congratulations to all the finalists, and, of course, the winning project – they’re truly representative of what can be achieved for patients and healthcare providers through ICT.”
H. Steve Lieber, President and CEO at HIMSS, said: “As part of the HIMSS vision to promote using IT for the betterment of healthcare, we are pleased to partner with Elsevier once again to bring this Award toEurope. The winner and finalists have demonstrated significant results in their projects by using digital
solution to ultimately improve patient care.
“This Award validates, on an international platform, the hard work of the organisations that have achieved outstanding ICT outcomes. We hope that this will continue to encourage other organisations in this region to adopt appropriate technologies to improve care outcomes,” Lieber added. The entries were evaluated by an appointed panel of judges:
Philippe Kolh, CIO, CHU de Liège, Professor, University of Liège, CHU Liège, Belgium
Francisco Perez, International Co-Chair, HL7, Spain
Giovanni Delgrossi, Chief Information Officer, Azienda Socio Sanitaria Territoriale di Vimercate,Italy
Vicent Moncho Mas, CIO, Hospital de Denia, Marina Salud, Spain
Seamus MacSuibhne, CCIO, eHealth Ireland, Ireland
Elena Sini, CIO, Humanitas Research Hospital, Italy
John Rayner, Regional Director, Europe and Latin America, HIMSS Analytics
Dr. Peter Edelstein, Chief Medical Officer, Elsevier Clinical Solutions, USA
Fuente: Nota de Prensa de HIMSS Europe de 24/11/2016 recibida en APISCAM
- [11/11/2016] WoHIT 2016 congreso de la informática de salud europea por HIMSS Europe el 21 y 22 de Noviembre en Barcelona
- [16-20/11/2016] 21 y 22 Noviembre: WoHIT 2016 congreso de la informática de salud europea, organizado por HIMSS Europe. Programa
- [22/11/2016] WoHIT 2016. Notas de la primera mañana del congreso de la informática de salud europea, organizado por HIMSS Europe
- [23/11/2016] WoHIT 2016. Notas de la primera tarde del congreso de la informática de salud europea, organizado por HIMSS Europe
- [24/11/2016] [HIMSS Europe] 'Major health IT event opens with recognition of most digitally mature hospitals'
- [25/11/2016] [Diario Médico] Realidad virtual en el congreso de informática de salud de HIMSS WoHiT 2016
- [28/11/2016] WoHIT 2016. Notas de la segunda jornada del congreso de la informática de salud europea, organizado por HIMSS Europe